Wednesday 17 September 2008

Tim Walker


I went to see Tim Walker's exhibition at The design museum in London. I had been a fan for years since seeing the top photograph i've downloaded in a magazine. Since then I have been following his work, partially in Vogue magazine. I love how dream like his work is, how he can make amazing clothes look even more jaw dropping; even a picture of a grasshopper had an imaginative haze to it. He transports the spectator into a word of illusion, with amazing sets and beautiful locations such as India or old beautiful Manor Houses. He takes objects, or ideas that should repel each other but in the end are the perfect combination. I loved that at the exhibition there were some of the objects used in some of the shoots, which even by themselves are so wonderfully made and lovely to look at. My favourite thing however was pages from his scrapbooks which had drawings and polaroid pictures put in. It was very inspiring as to how to produce my sketchbooks in the future. 


No comments: