Tuesday 23 September 2008

100% Design London: Mint's 10th Anniversary Show


I went to Mint in London on Widmore Street who are running an exhibition from the 18th to 30th September. The exhibition 'forget me not' is part of London Design Week and is to celebrate it's 10th anniversary. I went because my friend who has just graduated from Bath was showcasing her ceramic handbags. I think they are so beautiful; some have chains on them and big shiny buttons, others are made so they look like they are slouchy. We've been talking recently about how to take some good promotional photos of them; maybe with a girl trying to drag one to mimic the saying " I've got my life in this handbag, its so heavy!"
There were some other amazing pieces; I loved Laura Cahill's furniture made out of recycled books and Felicity Lloyd Coombe's cute sculptures. There was also an installation by Dutch designer Marije vogelzang where she used traditional clay cooking methods to build sculptures, bake vegetables such as onions and then break them to create a " sensory dilemma."

No comments: