Wednesday 24 September 2008

Atonement

I loved this story, which was written by my friend's dad, Ian Mc Ewan, when I read the book. I think that it a great adaption of the plot and doesn't change too many things in it. I love a film that has some kind of emotional affect on me, and this one definitely does; it engages you heart. It was shot so well, every scene seems so complete and fulfilling and the scenes of the war are especially so real. You really can feel all of their pain through the tragic consequences of one little girl with a powerful imagination believing something that didn't happen. It stars Keira Knightley and James McAvoy and won an oscar. At the end of the film your left with the question then whether one of them did achieve atonement or not, and how you feel about that- angry or sympathetic.

No comments: