Saturday 13 September 2008

The Layout Book- by Ambrose/Harris

open book
A good  layout that stimulates and grabs your attention is something I have always struggled with producing and has let me down with my project ideas. I decided it was time to get a book that would explain the main principles to me. What I love about this book is that it is easy to read; there isn't too much on each page, with beautiful illustrations; it is a great reference book for future projects. It covers everything like; the transformation and positioning of images, magazine cover layouts, the use of white space, the pace used for books to make it easy to read. What is so good about it is that it gives a historical view of different principles like the golden spiral or the Arts and Crafts Movement, but shows it in context, with examples of where it has be applied in recent work. “ The layout book explains the hows, whys, and why nots of layout.”

No comments: